Volunteer InformationWestern has a long and rich history as it relates to parent volunteerism. It is our continued desire, as faculty and staff, to welcome your important contribution to our school community. We count you as partners in this effort and for this reason, we have identified for you some very important considerations, beginning with your “rights” as a volunteer. Please fill out the form below to identify your preferences in serving at the school. Thank you!
Volunteer RightsAs a Western Christian School (WCS) volunteer, you have the following rights:
- To be welcomed as a valued member of our school community.
- To be assigned to a volunteer area where you feel comfortable and confident.
- To receive the necessary information and orientation.
- To have your questions answered clearly.
Volunteer ResponsibilitiesIt is important for all volunteers to understand and appreciate the following responsibilities and/ or conditions for volunteering at WCS:
- All volunteers must go through a background check.
- All volunteers must sign in at the receptionist desk and wear a volunteer badge before participating in any school responsibility.
- Every activity in WCS needs to be performed in an attitude of Christian kindness and service.
- Volunteers are expected to support the Western Statement of Faith and refrain from expressing any opinion that varies from that statement.
- Volunteers must always be positive role models.
- Physical punishment or angry outbursts at students are not permitted at WCS.
- Volunteers are required to sign our Adult/Student Contact Policy
- Volunteers are encouraged to enhance the professional atmosphere of the school by dressing appropriately and modestly for the activity at hand. Please review the student dress code so you are aware of the standards.
- All volunteers must support the authority of teachers, staff, and administrators.