Western is excited to offer a brand new “DIY” class to students this school year. Based off the traditional idea of a Home Economics class, it is designed to give students the opportunity to gain and practice various life skills. From baking and sewing, to painting and interior design, students learn the process from researching, planning, and finishing personal and group projects. It is also recognized that “DIY” is now an industry in itself. Students will learn how to use social media and the web to both research and promote their projects. Keep checking back to see the various projects that students accomplish throughout the year!
Current Project | Canned Peaches
We did it…. We survived our first major recipe as a M.S. and H.S. group of DIYers. It was messy, it was fun, and we had sooo many students enjoying a timeless tradition of canning food. We canned delicious, juicy, ripe PEACHES… (Click here to read the complete blog post)
8 delicious jars of canned peaches are being auctioned off! All proceeds will help expand the scope of projects offered to the students.
Dollars Per Jar
How it works:
- Bidding starts at $8 a jar.
- Bidding closes at 4:00p.m. Thursday, September 27.
- The highest bidder when the auction closes will have the option to purchase up to 2 jars at the winning bid amount.
- The next highest bidders will then be given the opportunity to purchase up to 2 jars at the winning bid amount.
- Any remaining jars will be offered again to the highest bidder.
Bidding is now closed! Thank you for all who participated in our auction to support these awesome students. You will be contacted soon with follow up details.