Western remains committed to providing financial assistance to qualified students in K-12th grades only, preschool students are not eligible for tuition assistance. What you might not know is the actual cost of tuition is supplemented by our generous donors. So in a real sense, everyone who enrolls at Western receives a discounted tuition, however, we realize that even our discounted tuition costs are greater than many can afford.
Scholarship grant amounts are based on a parent or guardian’s income as recorded in the scholarship application, the school’s scholarship fund, and all other policy requirements listed below. Scholarships never exceed 50% of current tuition and do not cover student fees. Hardship grants above the 50% limit are based on reported extenuating circumstances. All decisions are determined by the scholarship committee through a blind review process with priority consideration given to returning students in good standing. Families are asked to consider other sources of income to raise the remainder. Scholarships and Grants may be given for one year or for a term as short as a quarter. The application process is repeated annually.
Scholarship Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year have been suspended as of this date, July 5, 2021. Please check back in mid-August to see if additional funds have been released. Thank you.
Scholarship and Grant Requirements:
- Student Application must be completed prior to any scholarship consideration.
- Scholarship Application deadline for returning families – May 1st
- New Families may apply for scholarships at any time prior to school, please understand that our scholarship funds reduce as we get closer to September. The sooner you apply the better.
- GPA: Minimum requirement 2.0 (9-12 grades) exceptions for students on an IEP.
- Payment requirements:
- In order to receive a Scholarship or Grant the parent/guardian must submit a completed ACH form.
- Accounts must be current and maintain a current status to receive scholarship funds.
- At sixty days past due a student loses scholarship status. At ninety days a student is not allowed to return to school until the account is made current.